Virginia Code Officials that have last names starting with the letters A-M must complete continuing education and renew their licenses by May 1st, 2020. Check out the frequently asked questions and answers below to make sure you're ready to renew your license.
Which Code Officials need continuing education?
Those employed by a jurisdiction to enforce the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC):
- Building Officials
- Property Maintenance Officials
- Technical Assistants
As well as those certified to enforce the Virginia Amusement Device Regulations (VADR):
- Local Building Department Personnel
How many continuing education hours to Virginia Code Officials have to complete?
16 Hours – every 2 years
(This is in addition to the mandatory and/or periodic training required for certificate issuance and maintenance)
In the case of an individual receiving their initial certification during the continuing education cycle, the following exception shall apply toward the credit hour requirement. Based on the date of initial certification and the months remaining in the continuing education period, and in accordance with the above schedules, the following credit hours shall be obtained in the initial continuing education period.
- Individuals having 12 months or less remaining in the continuing education period - up to 8 credit hours;
- Individuals having 13 months or more remaining in the continuing education period - up to 16 credit hours
Who submits my Virginia Code Official continuing education?
You will be required to complete the form provided by the DHCD and submit your continuing education hours along with supporting documentation (certificates). Sign in to the Virginia DHCD to submit your Continuing Education online.
When do I have to submit my Virginia Code Official continuing education?
Your continuing education hours must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the 2-year continuing education period. A single submission documenting only the minimum required 16 credit hours shall be submitted to the Department once every two year requirement period according to the following schedule which is prompted at the issuance of the first certificate:
- Last names A-M: May 1-April 30 (no later than 30 days after May 1 of the even year)
- Last names N-Z: May 1-April 30 (no later than 30 days after May 1 of the odd year)
Approved Online Continuing Education - Available 24/7!
Virginia Code Official | Complete 16-Hour Continuing Education Package
- 2012 International Code with Virginia Admentments 6hr
- Public Administration and Process 6hr
- ADA Standards: Building Blocks and Special Elements 4hr
- Includes Free Video Instructions on How to Market Your Construction Company on Social Media
$119.00Add to cart