Online Manufactured Home Installer Initial Licensing Course
How do I become a licensed HUD Home Installer?
- Fill out the HUD 307 Manufactured Home Installer Application
- Provide a copy of your surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit & insurance.
- Complete an approved Installer Training Course.
Where is this course approved?
This course is approved in the following HUD states: AK, CT, HI, IL, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, PA, RI, SD, VT, & WI
This course is also approved in the following NON-HUD states: IA
Manufactured Housing Professional Installer Training for HUD Installer License #P20190011
12 Hour Video Course
This HUD approved pre-licensure course will provide professional installers with an understanding of the rules for installing manufactured housing and outline the important procedural and safety standards that must be followed, installation instructions, federal requirements and much more. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to get your HUD Certification.
This course covers:
- Terminology and Acronyms
- Local Code Officials
- MHIA Improvements Act of 2000
- HUD Installer Requirements 3286
- HUD Forms
- Penalties and Responsibilities for Installers
- Dispute Resolution 3288
- Alternative Construction
- On-Site Completion Rule
- After Market Additions
- Highlights from Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards
- Grading, Foundations, Slabs, Piers & Footings
- Crawl space
- Frost Depth
- Marriage Line and Perimeter Load
- Floor, Roof & End Wall Assembly
- Wall Attachment
- Torque Probe
- End Wall/Longitudinal, Side Wall, and Alternative Anchoring Systems
- Record Keeping