This program is mandated by Federal Law and HUD per CFR 24 3280, 3282, 3285, 3286 in parts.

Anyone that installs a new manufactured home in a HUD-Administered state or territory.










New Jersey

Rhode Island

South Dakota




You must fill out the HUD 307 Manufactured Home Installer License Application with all required supplemental information.
Make sure to fill out the forms entirely with accurate information and legible handwriting. When you submit the application, you must also include the following:

  1. A copy of your surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit and insurance policy.
    2. Proof of completion for an approved installer training course.
Your license as an installer will be good for 3 years, from date of licensure.

To renew you will need to re-apply. To qualify you must take 8 hours of continuing education courses and submit proof with your application. You will receive a notice to renew 6 months before your license expires at the email address you have on file with HUD. Your renewal must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the expiration date.

Any person applying for a license renewal after the date the license expires must apply for a new installation license.

No. Only approved programs for the HUD Installation Program are accepted.

A list will be published of contacts for qualifying continuing education providers and sent to licensed installers at the time they receive the notice for renewal.

In all HUD-Administered states and territories. Please see the list of states in Question 2.

You may still need a state, local and/or business license if required by your state or local government.

Yes, if you are installing a home in a HUD-Administered State.

Inspectors are not certified or licensed through HUD for this program. However, inspectors must meet qualifications pursuant to 24 CFR 3286.511 to be able to inspect manufactured homes in HUD-Administered states.

Yes, if your locality requires permits for the installation of manufactured homes, grading or land development activities, or environmental permits, i.e. well and septic permits you must still get all required permits from the State or local authority.

Any person who fails to comply with the requirements is subject to civil and criminal penalties, and to actions for injunctive relief pursuant to 24 CFR 3286.703.

It was highly educational on safety on which will help me and my company save lives and keep safe on the job site in everyday life. – April 17, 2018
Charlie Tregale - Massachusetts
Live Chat