"I will be telling my colleagues about your wonderful support service and look forward to sending my guys through your training program in the near future."
-- Nimmy's Construction LLC, Milwaukee
- Complete an approved 12 Hour Qualifier Course. CLICK HERE to see what courses are available!
- Obtain your Wisconsin license application. CLICK HERE to obtain your APPLICATIONS.
- Click the Dwelling Contractor (for the Business) and
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (for the Individual) applications.
You will need to complete both applications.
Applications can be obtained by clicking here to go directly to the state site for the applications. The application links are also included in our 12 Hour Courses.
Wisconsin Dwelling Contractors (Business License) must hold or employ someone who holds a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification in order to obtain one or two-family dwelling building permits. In order to obtain this certification, you must complete a 12-hour initial qualifier course that has been State Approved by the Division of Industry Services. Also, after you obtain the Certification, you must complete 12 hours of State Approved Continuing Education during each two-year period in order to remain certified.
Yes, you will need to complete 12 hours of State Approved continuing education for every two-year licensing cycle.
This 12 hours can be broken up or taken all in one course.
Once you complete the education and have supplied your Qualifier license number, we report your completion to the State of Wisconsin for you.
We report your course completion to the State of Wisconsin for you. In order to submit your continuing education, we will need your Dwelling Contractor Qualifier number.
Wisconsin sends out a renewal notice to all certified dwelling contractors 4-6 weeks before the renewal date.
- Cards are sent to those who have already completed their CE.
- Paper renewals are sent to those who still need to complete their CE.
- When all requirements are met, all renewals are mailed a license number and a new license expiration date.
On-Time Renewal Fees
- Dwelling Contractors (Business) $25 for 1 year
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (Individual) with CE completed $30 for 2 years.
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier with CE completed renewing during 90 days preceding expiration $30 renewal + $25 late fee = $55
- Other fees apply for later renewals.
The State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services regulates dwelling contractor certification:State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services 1400 East Washington Ave Madison, WI 53703 Email: DSPSCredTrades@wi.gov Phone: 608-266-2112, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time, Monday thru Friday Fax: 608-267-0592 Website