Fast, Easy and Affordable
Study at Your Own Pace 24/7
100% Money Back Guarantee
Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Courses
|Nimmy’s Construction LLC from Milwaukee says, “I will be telling my colleagues about your wonderful support service and look forward to sending my guys through your training program in the near future.”|
This is the most convenient way to complete your Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Initial Certification and Qualifier Continuing Education, as well as Building Inspector continued education. All of our easy to use online courses are State Approved by the Wisconsin Department of Commerce.
Our courses are not timed and will not let you fail.
You have immediate access from any computer
or mobile device. Come and go as you please 24/7.
Fast, Easy, Informative
Video or narrated with printable text. Courses will not let you fail.
Online courses offered with
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get certified as a Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Qualifier?
- Complete an approved 12 Hour Qualifier Course. CLICK HERE to see what courses are available!
- Obtain your Wisconsin license application. CLICK HERE to obtain your APPLICATIONS.
- Click the Dwelling Contractor (for the Business) and
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (for the Individual) applications.
You will need to complete both applications.
Applications can be obtained by clicking here to go directly to the state site for the applications. The application links are also included in our 12 Hour Courses.
Who needs the Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification?
Wisconsin Dwelling Contractors (Business License) must hold or employ someone who holds a Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification in order to obtain one or two-family dwelling building permits. In order to obtain this certification, you must complete a 12-hour initial qualifier course that has been State Approved by the Wisconsin Safety and Buildings Division. Also, after you obtain the Certification, you must complete 12 hours of State Approved Continuing Education during each two-year period in order to remain certified.
Do I need to take contractor continuing education to keep my dwelling contractor certification?
Yes, you will need to complete 12 hours of State Approved continuing education for every two-year licensing cycle.
This 12 hours can be broken up or taken all in one course.
Once you complete the education and have supplied your Qualifier license number, we report your completion to the State of Wisconsin for you.
How is the state of Wisconsin notified when I complete my continuing education?
We report your course completion to the State of Wisconsin for you. In order to submit your continuing education, we will need your Dwelling Contractor Qualifier number.
How do I renew my contractor certification in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin sends out a renewal notice to all certified dwelling contractors 4-6 weeks before the renewal date (which is 3 months prior to your expiration date.)
- Cards are sent to those who already completed their CE .
- Paper renewals are sent to those who still need to complete their CE.
- When all requirements are met, all renewals are mailed a license number and a new license expiration date.
On-Time Renewal Fees
- Dwelling Contractors (Business) $25 for 1 year
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (Individual) with CE completed $30 for 2 years.
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier with CE completed renewing during 90 days preceding expiration $30 renewal + $25 late fee = $55
- Other fees apply for later renewals.
Who do I contact at the state of Wisconsin regarding dwelling contractor certification?
The State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services regulates dwelling contractor certification:State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services 1400 East Washington Ave Madison, WI 53703 Email: DspsSbCredentialing@wi.gov Phone: 608-261-8467, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time, Monday thru Friday Fax: 608-267-0592 Website