When do I have to renew my Wisconsin Dwelling contractor certification?
You must renew your license every two years by the initial date of licensure.
Do I need continuing education to renew my Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor certification?
Yes, you need to complete 12-hours of continuing education to renew your license.
Who submits my Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor continuing education to the state?
Builders License Training Institute will submit your continuing education after your complete your courses.
How do I renew my Wisconsin Dwelling Contractor certification?
Wisconsin sends out a renewal notice to all certified dwelling contractors 4-6 weeks before the renewal date.
- Cards are sent to those who have already completed their CE.
- Paper renewals are sent to those who still need to complete their CE.
- When all requirements are met, all renewals are mailed a license number and a new license expiration date.
On-Time Renewal Fees
- Dwelling Contractors (Business) $25 for 1 year
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (Individual) with CE completed $30 for 2 years.
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier with CE completed renewing during 90 days preceding expiration $30 renewal + $25 late fee = $55
- Other fees apply for later renewals.
Who do I contact in the state of Wisconsin regarding dwelling contractor certification?
The State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services regulates dwelling contractor certification:
State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
1400 East Washington Ave
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: 608-266-2112, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time, Monday thru Friday