West Virginia | Contractor Business Law Exam Prep
8 Hour Text Course
This course will prepare you for the Business and Law portion of the exam and is based on the relevant chapters found in the West Virginia Business & Law Study Guide For Contractors 2022.
This course will prepare students for the West Virginia Contractor's Business and Law exam. This is based on the WV Contractor's Licensing Board exam guide as outlined in the ProV Candidate Bulletin. This course will provide a breakdown of each of the exam topics, followed by practice questions.
After completing this course users will be able to:
- Create programs and policies to successfully manage employees, and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Differentiate between licensing requirements and laws to know which are applicable for their project.
- Summarize general concepts to starting a business and operating in West Virginia.
- Elaborate on the responsibilities of business owners in complying with tax laws.
- Classify contracts and contracting as it is used in the construction industry.
- Model proper insurance coverage in order to protect a business from unfortunate events resulting from business operations.
West Virginia Business and Law Study Guide for Contractors, 2022 5th Edition
This Course Covers:
- Business Organization
- Estimating & Bidding
- Financial Management
- Labor Laws
- Lien Law
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- OSHA Safety & Recordkeeping
- Tax Law