Instructor: Roger Peck
Building homes that are well protected from the weather should be a priority for any building professional. The majority of problems stem from improper procedures and workmanship, but often the problem is found in the design of a home. Explore factors that contribute to exterior shell failure and identify practical solutions that will preserve the integrity of the building envelope.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the building as a system, its performance requirements, and how these features must be integrated to prevent building envelope failure.
- Describe how a properly constructed building envelope will keep out weather related moisture and stop uncontrolled movement of energy due to loss of conditioned air.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on “best practices” for the construction of buildings in areas with relatively high humidity.
- Summarize the options available to the consumer that may have been injured by or suffered a financial loss by construction defects and the resultant failure of the building envelope.
This Course Covers:
- Building Exterior Shell
- Building Envelope System
- Foundation Construction
- Wall Construction
- Roof Construction
- Window and Door Installation
- Ventilation System Installation and Requirements
- Building Envelope Best Practices
- Consumer Remedies
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.