Getting Decked: And Choosing How That Happens | Professional Development
3 Hour Audio Course
Capitalize on our love of outdoor spaces with this course that explores options available to build decks and structures and the many different materials available.
0.3 ICC Building CEUs – Approval #25480
Instructor: Paul Spite
Despite our need for shelter from elements, we have always sought opportunity to get back into or close to nature. A large part of our effort to reunite with nature has revolved around creating outdoor spaces adjoining our houses. There, we can get outside to enjoy favorable climate conditions, at whatever time we choose.
These outdoor spaces go by many names and have manifested as lanais, porches, screened enclosures, patios, etc. The most common outdoor spaces, constructed and attached to homes in western cultures, are outdoor decks, balconies and patios. For the purposes of this course, we will explore options available to build decks, balconies, and structures that are usually supported at some point above grade.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- The evolving use of different materials to construct safe and usable outdoor surfaces
- Strengths and weaknesses of each available outdoor surface option
- New surfacing options that have been developed to overcome decking material limitations
- How surfacing materials are being combined to minimize weaknesses and maximize strengths
- Decking / Balconies made of wood, man-made materials, aluminum, concrete and Porcelain?
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.