2010 ADA Standards: Real World Application | Professional Development
6 Hour Video Course
Accessibility issues are one of the most common reasons a new building will fail inspections. Learn the current ADA standards and how to implement them.
Instructor: Rodger Peck
The ADA is one of America’s most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in State and local government programs and services. The 2010 Standards set minimum requirements – both scoping and technical – for newly designed and constructed, or altered State and local government facilities, public accommodations, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
This 6 hour video course covers the second chapter of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design. Chapter 2: Scoping Requirements sets the stage for all the following chapters of the ADA Standards. In this video course, material is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, as well as on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings, used by both the public and by private businesses.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize how the overall philosophy of the Americans with Disabilities Act can, and does create an environment of opportunity and non-discrimination.
- Be able recognize what facilities can, and should comply with ADA standards.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on ADA standards for the construction of either a public or private building.
- Summarize the options available to the design or building professional when designing a facility per the requirements of the ADA Standards.
This Course Covers:
- Existing Buildings and Facilities
- General Exceptions
- Protruding Objects
- Accessible Routes: Work areas, Amusement parks, Recreational areas, Entrances, Lifts
- Accessible Means of Egress
- Parking Spaces, Passenger Loading Zones and Bus Stops
- Stairways, Windows, Fire Alarm Systems and Signs
- Toilet and Bathing Facilities
- Transportation Facilities
- Dressing, Fitting, and Locker Rooms
- Medical Care and Long-term Care Facilities
- Depositories, Vending Machines, Change Machines, Mail Boxes and Fuel Dispensers
- Detention, Correctional and Residential Facilities
- Amusement Rides, Pools & Spas, Boating Facilities and Recreational Facilities
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.