2010 ADA Standards: Special Rooms, Spaces, and Elements | Professional Development
1 Hour Video Course
Learn the importance of circulation pathways and ADA requirements for lodging, dining, courthouse and public transportation facilities.
Instructor: Rodger Peck
The ADA is one of America’s most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in State and local government programs and services. The 2010 Standards set minimum requirements – both scoping and technical – for newly designed and constructed, or altered State and local government facilities, public accommodations, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
This one hour video course covers the eighth chapter of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, Special Rooms, Spaces and Elements. The material for this course is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, including on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings used by both the public and private sector.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of adequate circulation pathways for disabled persons in special spaces and public facilities.
- Identify the ADA requirements for lodging, dining, courthouse, and public transportation facilities.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on ADA standards for the construction of either a public or private building.
- Summarize the options available to the design or building professional when designing a facility per the requirements of the ADA Standards.
This Course Covers:
- Wheelchair Spaces, Companion Seats, and Designated Aisle Seats
- Dressing, Fitting, and Locker Rooms
- Kitchens and Kitchenettes
- Medical Care and Long-Term Facilities
- Transient Lodging Guest Rooms
- Holding Cells and Housing Cells
- Residential Dwelling Units
- Transportation Facilities
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.