Staying Alive: Construction Safety | 8 Hour Video Course
Instructor: Steven St. Laurent
This video training course outlines the most important work-related hazards found on a construction site. Instructor Steve St. Laurent provides years of experience in the safety field, sharing his knowledge in a fun and entertaining way. This course explores typical hazards found on the site, the reasons behind careless behavior, and the ramifications of poor training and lack of safety programs. The goal is to provide “safety nuggets” that will inspire viewers to practice safety first, in a way that will prevent injuries at work and at home.
This Course Covers:
- Top Five Hazards in Residential Construction
- Personal Protective Equipment
- 10 Best Practices
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Tool Safety
- Materials Handling
Weatherization and Renewable Energy | 5 Hour Video Course
Instructor: Rodger Peck
Building homes that are well protected from the weather should be a priority for any building professional. The majority of problems stem from improper procedures and workmanship, but often the problem is found in the design of a home. This five hour course will explore factors that contribute to exterior shell failure, and identify practical solutions that will preserve the integrity of the building envelope.
As technological innovation creates new construction possibilities, incorporating energy-efficiency into building projects can not only provide a better quality of life, but also protect the environment. A comprehensive approach to resource and energy efficiency is the best method to achieve a resource and energy efficient building.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the building as a system, its performance requirements, and how these features must be integrated to prevent building envelope failure.
- Describe how a properly constructed building envelope will keep out weather related moisture and stop uncontrolled movement of energy due to loss of conditioned air.
- Identify innovative design considerations incorporating energy efficient resources and components.
- Evaluate the structural considerations when installing/mounting these new systems.
This course covers:
- Why is There a Problem?
- The Building Envelope System
- Foundation Construction
- Wall Construction
- Roof Construction
- Window and Door Installation
- Ventilation System Installation and Requirements
- Building Envelope Best Practices
- Consumer Remedies
- Solar Energy
Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned within one business day.