Building on Budget by Design | Professional Development
3 Hour Audio Course
Making your clients happy is always the goal. Learn to design efficiently with less complexity, material, and labor resulting in savings for the homeowner.
0.3 ICC Building CEUs – Approval #25481
Instructor: Jeff Rice
The benefit and importance of pursuing an efficient design and budget allows for the creation of comparable design per a client’s initial request, but ultimately accomplishing it with considerably less complexity, building materials, construction labor, and finally cost, achieving an efficient design resulting in greater value for the homeowner. Functionality, aesthetics, and methods of code compliance are each guided by financial investment and return.
This presentation will illustrate the basis for the Building on Budget by Design program, as well as numerous examples for the approach of integrating and understanding general incremental pricing at various points in the design development process for further design inspiration and guidance for a desired construction budget.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Be able to integrate design concepts with current codes and regulations.
- Translate the intentions and goals of the customer into a safe and cost-effective project.
- Understand the process of securing the appropriate information that will help to develop a scope, schedule, and budget.
- Be able to develop a building program that provides for less complexity and better price understanding through design adjustments.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on site standards, code compliance, requested design and budget.
- Utilize current materials and goods to ensure proper construction practices, all with an eye for budgetary constraints.
This Course Covers:
- Industry Standards
- Compromise vs. Solutions
- Reducing Liability
- Over Design & Alternative Designs
- Understanding Client Needs
- Roof Complexity Averted
- Redistribution of Capital
- Value Engineering
- Two-Story Post and Beam vs. Pre-Engineering Trusses
- New Log Home or Renovation?
- Remodel with Plan Adjustments in HVAC
- Square Foot Reductions using Modular Dimensions
- Roof Framing and Practical Design Solutions
- Site Analysis and Re-Design
- Complexity Reduction for Greater Value
- Smaller Footprint, Larger Home
- More Square Footage, Less Cost
- Angled plans
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.