NASCLA Complete Book Package Including tabs
Included in Package:
- All 23 NASCLA-Approved Books
- PSI approved, pre-printed tabs for all 23 books
For a complete list of allowed books, click on Product Title.
Reference List allowed for PSI Open Book Exam and included in this package – For descriptions, go to our NASCLA Book Store
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2016
- International Building Code, 2018 Edition
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA), with latest available amendments
- Construction Jobsite Management, 4th Edition
- Construction Project Management, 2014, 4th Edition
- ACI 318-11: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2013
- NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Basic 13th Edition
- Erectors Manual – Standards and Guidelines for the Erection of Pre-Cast Concrete Products, 1999, 2nd Edition
- Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning – Level 1 Field Fundamentals, 2003, 3rd edition
- SDI (Steel Deck Institute) Manual of Construction with Steel Deck, 2006, 2nd Edition
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, 2011
- Gypsum Construction Handbook, 7th Edition, 2014
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, Recommended Practices, 2011, 9th Edition, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute
- Technical Digest No. 9 – Handling and Erecting of Steel Joists and Joist Girders, 3rd Edition, 2008
- Modern Masonry – Brick, Block, Stone 8th Edition
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 2019, 10th Edition
- ANSI Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, 2009
- Roofing Construction and Estimating, Daniel Atcheson, 1995
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 2005, 3rd Edition
- Green Building Fundamentals, Michael Montoya, 2011
- Developing Your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- American National Standard ANSI/EIMA 99-A-2017
There are currently 16 state agencies that accept NASCLA Accreditation. These states are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina Contractors, South Carolina Residential Builders, Tennessee, Utah, Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia.
NOTE: Contractors in Utah must complete a 25-hour prelicense program in addition to passing the NASCLA exam.
The following 21 books cover:
1) 29 CFR 1926 OSHA Construction Industry Regulations & Standards As required by the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Rules of Construction
- OSHA Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
2) American Concrete Institute. The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction: An ACI/ASCC Manual.
- Concrete Specifications
- Reinforcement and Common Field Issues- Cause and Prevention
3) International Code Council, Inc. Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities ICC A117.1-2009. American National Standard Institute, 2010.
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Accessible Route
4) American Concrete Institute. Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-11) and Commentary. Reported by ACI Committee 318
- Concrete Materials, Quality, Mixing, and Placing
- Reinforcement Details
- Understanding Loads
- Prestressed and Structural Plain Concrete
5) Structural Building Components Association. BCSI Building Component Safety Information Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining & Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses. Published June 2018, Updated May 2020.
- Guidance on Handling, Installing, Restraining and Bracing of Trusses
- Jobsite Modifications
6) Feirer, Mark D. and John L. Feirer, Ph.D. Carpentry and Building Construction. McGraw-Hill Education, 2016.
- Building Codes and Planning
- Power and Pneumatic Tools
- Building Materials
- Structural Systems
- Framing and Sheathing
- Roofing and Gutters
- Doors, Siding, Stairways, etc.
- Thermal and Acoustical Insulation
- Wall and Ceiling Surfaces
- Finish Flooring
7) Mincks, William R., and Hal Johnston. Construction Jobsite Management. 4th Ed., Cengage Learning, 2017.
- Use of Construction Documents on the Jobsite
- Submittals, Samples, and Shop Drawings
- Documentation and Record Keeping at the Jobsite
- Meetings, Negotiations, and Dispute Resolution
- Waste and Environmental Management
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
8) Gould, Frederick E., and Nancy E. Joyce. Construction Project Management. 4th Ed., Pearson, 2014.
- Organizing and Leading the Project
- Delivery Methods
- Design Process, Bidding, and Procurement
- Project Cost, Time and Quality
- Administration and Construction Law
- Safety and Health
9) National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA). NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management. 13th Ed.
- Types of Estimates
- Bidding Process
- Bid Day
- Guidelines for Estimating
10) PCI Erectors Committee. Erector’s Manual Standards and Guidelines for the Erection of Precast Concrete Products. Mickey Pickell, Chairperson. Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute. 2nd Ed., 1999.
- Preconstruction Planning
- Practices and Procedures
11) Montoya, Michael. Green Building Fundamentals: A Practical guide to Understanding and Applying Fundamental Sustainable Construction Practices and LEED® System. 2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, 2011.
- Sustainability and the Building Industry
- Site Development
- Managing Site Water Runoff
- Environmental and Energy Issues
12) USG Corporation. The Gypsum Construction Handbook. 7th Ed., John Wiley and Sons, 2014.
- Drywall and Veneer Plaster Products
- Planning, Execution, and Inspection
13) International Code Council, Inc. 2018 International Building Code.
- Use and Occupancy Classification
- Types of Construction
- Fire Protection Systems
- Means of Egress
- Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures
- Soils and Foundations
- Glass and Glazing
- Using Gypsum on the Jobsite
- Safeguards for Construction
14) Steel Deck Institute. Manual of Construction with Steel Deck. 3rd Ed., 2016.
- Product Descriptions
- Receiving, Unloading, Storage and Protection
- Erection of Deck
- Special Considerations for Diaphragms
15) Kicklighter, Clois E., and Timothy L. Andera. Modern Masonry; Brick, Block, Stone. 8th Ed., The Goodheart-Willcox Company, Inc., 2015.
- Tools and Equipment
- Masonry Materials
- Anchors, Ties, Reinforcement
- Laying Brick
- Foundation Systems
16) Roberts, Dave. Pipe & Excavation Contracting Revised. Revised by Dan Atcheson. Craftsman Book Company, 2011.
- Reading Plans and Surveying
- Operating a Backhoe
- Reading Plans and Surveying
- Installing Sewer and Stormwater Systems
- Estimating Surface Excavation
- Dealing with Rock and Groundwater
17) Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute. Placing Reinforcing Bars. 9th Ed., 2011.
- Concrete and Reinforced Concrete
- Purpose and Location
- Unloading, Storing, and Handling
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing, and Tying
18) Woods, W. Ronald, Cameron K. Andres and Ronald C. Smith. Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction. 10th Ed., Pearson, 2019.
- The Practice of Commercial Construction
- Site Evaluation and Layout
- Material Movement, Excavations, and Equipment
- Framing and Coverings
- Floor Systems
- Building Insulation
19) Atcheson, Daniel B. Roofing Construction and Estimating. Ninth Printing, Craftsman Book Company, 2011.
- Measuring and Calculating Roofs
- Insulation, Vapor Retarders and Waterproofing
- Repair and Maintenance
20) Steel Joist Institute. Technical Digest 9: Handling and Erection of Steel Joists and Joist Girders. 3rd Ed., Second Printing- July 2013.
- Loading and Shipping
- Common Field Issues
- Summary—Do’s and Don’ts
21) PTI Committee for Training and Certification of Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning. Instructional Manual for Training and Certification for Field Personnel for Unbonded Post-Tensioning Level 1 Field Fundamentals. Reprinted. PTI Post-Tensioning Institute, Aug 2008.
- Theory of Post-Tensioning
- Delivery, Acceptance, Handling and Storage
- Tendon Finishing
- Barrier Cables
- Job Site Troubleshooting
22) Developing Your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
Collection of publications by the EPA ranging from historic documents to reports released in the new millennium
23) American National Standard ANSI/EIMA 99-A-2017
The new standard provides the minimum requirements for specifying and installing Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems and EIFS with Drainage.