Business of Building | Michigan
7 Hour Video Course
Gain an understanding of the Code of Conduct and your responsibilities as a business owner and how to maneuver through new business startup stages.
0.6 ICC Admin CEUs – Approval #25552
Instructor: Rodger Peck
This seven-hour course will provide new builders with an understanding of the Code of Conduct and their responsibilities to their employees, to their customers, and to the government. It includes knowledge needed in order for them to successfully maneuver through new business startup stages.
This Course Covers:
- Hierarchy of Michigan Government with Respect to Residential Builders
- State of Michigan Government Websites
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Occupational Code Articles 2, 5, 6, and 24
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Administrative Rules and State License Fee Act
- Construction Lien Documents and Laws Overview
- Establishing a Business Entity
- Business Finance
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Employees vs Independent Contractors
- Payroll taxes
- Labor Laws
- Bidding and Estimating
- Developing a Project Budget
- Environmental Laws
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.