Instructor: Pete Costanza
This six-hour course explains the principles of contract law and the important elements of a home building and remodeling contract. The difference between various contracts used in the residential construction industry is also described. Requirements and types of insurance are also covered in this course, as well as the details of Workers Compensation.
A 70% passing score on each assessment is required to move on to the next chapter. Students must answer 70% of the questions correctly in order to receive credit/certification for the course.
This Course Covers:
- Contracts – their terms, documents, samples, pricing and what is required
- Request for Proposal and sample RFP
- Fundamentals of Contract Law
- Written and Oral Contracts
- Offer and Acceptance
- Void and Voidable Contracts
- Michigan Contract Laws, statutes of limitations, Home Solicitation Act and prohibited conduct
- Insurance, Surety Bonds, Homeowner’s, Auto, No-fault and Health Insurance and Workers’ Compensation
- Foreclosure Due to Non-Payment or Delinquent Taxes
- Health Insurance with HSA
- Warranties, breach of warranty, remedies and guidelines
- Breach of Warranty
- Construction defects and delays
- Failure to submit change orders, abandoning the job after payment and failure to pay subcontractors
- Abandoning the job after receiving payment
- Arbitration, mediation, adjudication and court proceedings
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.