Instructor: J. McDowell
This course will prepare students for the exam and is based on the relevant resources listed in the PSI Candidate Bulletin. This course will provide a breakdown of each of the exam topics, followed by hundreds of practice questions. Resource information and links to relevant material are included.
After completing this course, learners will:
- Understand the application and requirements of IRC and ICC code.
- Recognize proper construction worksite practices and safety requirements.
- Define key components of residential construction, such as roofing, interior and exterior finish, rough carpentry, and masonry.
This course covers:
- Using the Code Books
- Code Tables, Illustrations, and Footnotes
- 2018 IRC
- Energy Code
- Building Planning and Permits
- Plan Reading
- Louisiana One Call
- Footings and Foundations
- Cold Formed Steel
- Associated Trades
- OSHA Safety
- Construction Math
- Effective Study Techniques
- What to do next?
The following is an outline of the subject areas (in descending order of weight) that will be covered in the exam:
- Rough Carpentry 26%
- Interior and Exterior Finish 20%
- Concrete and Rebar 19%
- Associated Trades 10%
- Excavation and Site Work 9%
- Roofing 6%
- Masonry 5%
- Plans and Specifications 5%
The examination is made up of 80 multiple-choice questions which are equally weighted. You will have four hours to complete this examination.
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.