Instructor: Nelson Gelinas
This Course Covers:
- Job Safety Analysis – A job hazard analysis is a technique that focuses on job tasks as a way to identify hazards before they occur. It focuses on the relationship between the worker, the task, the tools, and the work environment. Ideally, after you identify uncontrolled hazards, you will take steps to eliminate or reduce them to an acceptable risk level. This course outlines the basic steps of a Job Safety Analysis.
- Hazard Communication – In order to ensure chemical safety in the workplace, information about the identities and hazards of the chemicals must be available and understandable to workers. This course will outline employee Right-to-Know information, the Global Harmonizing System, Safety Data Sheets, and labels.
- Personal Protective Equipment – Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as “PPE”, is equipment worn to minimize exposure to a variety of hazards. Examples of PPE include such items as gloves, foot and eye protection, protective hearing devices (earplugs, muffs) hard hats, respirators and full body suits. This course will outline the most common forms of PPE used in the workplace.
- Fall Protection – Falls are one of the most common types of serious injuries and deaths. Employers are responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, but when fall protection devices are impractical, personal fall protection equipment may be used. This course outlines the standard equipment use, maintenance and inspection requirements for harnesses, lanyards, lifelines, tethers and more.
- Respiratory Protection – Respirators protect workers against insufficient oxygen environments, harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, gases, vapors, and sprays. These hazards may cause cancer, lung impairment, diseases, or death. Compliance with the OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard could avert hundreds of deaths and thousands of illnesses annually. This course outlines the types of respirators available, proper fit, and inspection/maintenance requirements.
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.