Project Management for Contractors | Approval #17332
Instructor: Scott Corbat
0.8 ICC Building CEUs – Approval #26110
This 8 hour course focuses on the primary responsibilities of a project manager: managing project costs and time while completing the project to the expected degree of quality. This requires close attention to detail before beginning actual construction, as well as during the project. Taking proactive measures will help the project manager determine possible obstacles before they occur. This course will analyze all three primary areas. The student will learn how to implement proven methods to manage most effectively.
This Course Covers:
- Necessary Steps for Developing a Project Budget and the benefits of cost management
- Primary Objectives of a Project Manager
- Benefits of Cost Management
- Creating a List of Projected Costs and understanding a Fixed Price Agreement
- Describing What Costs Fall into Project and Company Overhead Categories
- Contingency Costs and correctly Calculating Profit Margin
- Difference Between Wage and Profit for Your Company
- Change Orders and cost overruns
- Costs for Usage of Small and Large Equipment on Projects
- Price per Square Foot
- Loan applications, different Types of Construction Loans and title requirements for loans
- Finding and selecting Subcontractors
- Dos and Don’ts of a Project Manager
- Soil Erosion and contractor Responsibilities Associated with Erosion Control
Construction Techniques for Contractors | Approval #11060
Instructor: J. MacDowell
0.8 ICC Building CEUs – Approval #26094
This 8 hour course provides an overview of building trade skills. A contractor or home renovator needs to be able to layout a building site; determine the elevations of a site excavation; build concrete footing and wall forms; frame and sheath floors, walls and roofs. They must develop an understanding of the many structural components associated with the entire building envelope, supplementing the hands on experience employed in the field. The information provided in this course would be advantageous for anyone seeking to start a residential building project or enter into the building industry. This course outlines the fundamental skills involved in residential construction or remodeling through text, integrated videos, diagrams and slides.
Learning objectives are provided to facilitate understanding and progress. Informal progress checks throughout the module will help you review and measure your understanding of the material. The assessment at the end of each chapter accurately reflects learning objectives. A 70% on each assessment is required to move on to the next chapter.
This Course Covers:
- Building Planning and Permits
- Footings and Foundations
- Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement
- Framing/Rough Carpentry
Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.