Florida Contractor FAQs
All Registered Contractors and Certified Contractors are required to complete fourteen (14) hours of continuing education each renewal cycle. Of the fourteen hours, one hour is required in each of the following topics:
- Specialized or Advanced Module that is approved by the Florida Building Commission
- Workplace Safety
- Business Practices
- Worker’s Compensation
- Laws and Rules Regulating the Construction Industry
- Wind Mitigation Methodologies (if license is held in the following category: General, Building, Residential, Roofing, Specialty Structure, or Glass & Glazing.
The remaining hours may include any of the above topics or general topics to the industry.
Yes! All of our courses are approved by the Florida Construction Industry Board. They are also approved by the American Institute of Architects and the Florida Division of Professions Board of Architecture and Interior Design.
Our courses are approved for Construction Industry licenses to include the following license categories:
- Air Conditioning Service
- Class A Air Conditioning
- Class B Air Conditioning
- Commercial Pool/Spa
- Internal Pollutant StorageTank Lining Applicator
- Pollutant Storage Systems
- Precision Tank Tester
- Residential Pool/Spa
- Sheet Metal
- Specialty: Drywall
- Specialty: Demolition
- Specialty: Gas Line
- Specialty: Glass and Glazing
- Specialty: Irrigation
- Specialty: Marine
- Specialty: Residential Pool/Spa Servicing
- Specialty: Solar Water Heating
- Specialty: Structure
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Decking
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Excavation
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Finishes
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Layout
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Piping
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Structural
- Specialty: Swimming Pool Trim
- Specialty: Tower
- Swimming Pool/Spa Service
- Underground Utility and Excavation
Certified contractors renew their license by August 31 each even-numbered year.
Registered contractors renew their license by August 31 each odd-numbered year.
Certified licenses are statewide and allow you to work as a contractor anywhere in Florida. Registered licenses are limited to certain local jurisdictions and only allow you to work in the cities or counties where you hold a certificate of competency.
Yes, here is the fee schedule:
- Current, Active Individual – $209.00
- Current, Active Qualifying Business – $259.00
- Delinquent, Active Individual – $309.00
- Delinquent, Active Qualifying Business – $359.00
- Current, Inactive – $59.00
- Delinquent, Inactive – $218.00
No. However, when you reactivate your license, you must show proof of completing 14 hours of continuing education for the renewal cycle immediately preceding reactivation of your license. Included in the 14 hours, you must show that you have complied with all requirements for your license type.
Yes. Providers with the “C / I” or “I” designation are approved to offer online courses.
Our courses are all approved for Florida online continuing education, Provider #0005830.
Go to https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ActivateAccountInstruct.asp?Page=CErequirements.asp&SID= to log on or activate your account and verify your completed CE hours.
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399