Finishing your continuing education (CE) might be the last thing on your mind right now. But since your license renewal deadline is December 31st, now’s the perfect time to start looking at what CE options work best for you.
Our online CE courses work around your busy schedule. Instead of dozing off while sitting through a long classroom lecture, our video lessons last between 15 – 35 minutes. And since our courses are available from any device with an internet connection, you can work on your CE whenever and wherever you want.
We currently offer four complete continuing education packages that cover a variety of topics. No matter what you’re interested in, we’ve got a course package that’ll cover it!
In this blog, we’re highlighting the Project Management for Contractors course found in Package #4.
Project Management for Contractors is an 8-hour course that focuses on the three primary responsibilities of a project manager: finishing a project on-time, on-budget, and within the expected degree of quality.
Here’s a preview from the Dos and Don’ts of a Project Manager lesson:
Other lessons in this course include:
- Necessary Steps for Developing a Project Budget and the Benefits of Cost Management
- Creating a List of Projected Costs and Understanding a Fixed Price Agreement
- Describing What Costs Fall Into Project and Company Overhead Categories
- Contingency Costs and Correctly Calculating Profit Margin
- Difference Between Wage and Profit for Your Company
- Change Orders and Cost Overruns
- Costs for Usage of Small and Large Equipment on Projects
- Loan Applications, Different Types of Construction Loans and Title Requirements for Loans
- Finding and Selecting Subcontractors
- Dos and Don’ts of a Project Manager
- Soil Erosion and Contractor Responsibilities Associated With Erosion Control
If you have any questions about your license renewal requirements or want more information on any courses, speak to one of our licensing experts at 800-727-7104.