Contractor licensing (except electrical) is not done by the state of Wyoming.  Rather, the option to license contractors is deferred to the local jurisdiction where the construction activity is to take place.  Local contacts are found at this site:   http://www.wyomuni.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={FEF86229-DEE1-4564-A608-A88AB8796AF2}

For electrical licensing contact the State Fire MARSHAL (307-777-7288)  at: http://wyofire.state.wy.us/electricalsafety/examinationandlicensing.html

For a profit corporation, LLC, or limited partnership to transact business in Wyoming, it must file for Certificate of Authority with the Secretary of State (307-777-7311) at: http://soswy.state.wy.us/Forms/FormsFiling.aspx?startwith=Business

If a business has employees, it may need to enroll in the state Unemployment Insurance and Workers’ Compensation programs (307-777-6763) at:  https://doe.state.wy.us/wyereg/.

Nonresident general contractors must post bond with the Department of Revenue.  Nonresident subcontractors have other reporting requirements (307-777-5200).  http://revenue.state.wy.us/PortalVBVS/uploads/Publication_Contractor%20Industry%2008.22.08.pdf

For general contractors, check with city or county jurisdiction where the construction activity is to take place.

Electrician licensing requires Education, Experience and Exams.  A copy of the ICC Examination Information Bulletin can be obtained online at:  www.iccsafe.org/contractor or by calling:  1-888-ICC-SAFE to have a copy sent via U.S. mail.  Any Electrician performing electrical work in the state of Wyoming shall be employed at all times by an electrical contractor who carries a current Wyoming electrical contractor’s license.

General contractors are not licensed at the state level. Check with local city or county.

An Electrician’s license is valid for 3 years and renews on July 1st of every 3rd year. Renewal requires proof of not less than 16 hours of Board approved Continued Education

No, not at this time

Check with county and local municipalities.

Master’s & Journeymen that hold a current Electricians license in another state may be able to reciprocate their license into the state of Wyoming. Check the web site listed above for requirements.

  • Information Last Updated: 04/2020
  • Did you find incorrect information? Email Us
This was a great course. The instructor was very knowledgeable. *****
Anthony D.
Live Chat