Virginia Residential Contractor Course Syllabus
This course will fully prepare you to take the Virginia Residential Contractor Exam and will cover the following topics.
- Using the Code Book
- Code Tables & Illustrations
- 2012 IRC with Virginia Amendments
- 2012 IECC with Virginia Amendments
- Building Planning and Permits
- Plan Reading
- Footings and Foundations
- Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement
- Windows, Doors & Skylights
- Framing/Rough Carpentry
- Finish Carpentry
- Associated Trades
- OSHA Safety
- Construction Math
- What To Do Next?
Each Virginia Licensing Exam course takes approximately 8 hours, but we move rapidly through the materials. For a thorough review, you may want to allow twice that amount of time. Once you register, you have up to 6 months before your course is deactivated. If you need longer, just give us a call and we can arrange an extension.