Virginia Basic Business Course and Class A/B Contractor Course & Book Package #3
- State Approved 8-Hour Basic Business Online Course
- Class A/B Contractor License Online Course
- Virginia Business/Project Management Book by NASCLA
- Carpentry and Building Construction Book 2010
- Preprinted PSI-Approved tabs for both books
The Project Management Book is recommended for Parts 1, 2 and 3 and is allowed into the exam.
The Carpentry and Building Construction Book is recommended for the Technical Part 4 and is allowed into the exam.
Could not load product information
Once you complete the Basic Business Course, we will forward your test scores to the Commonwealth of Virginia and email a copy to you. It’s that easy.
NOTE: You are also allowed to take the International Residential Code Book 2009 and Statewide Building Code into the Part 4 Technical Exam with you. The Statewide Building Code is available at no charge in our Virginia Book Store.
Would you like to add the Code Book?
Would you like to add preprinted PSI-Approved Tabs?
The 8-Hour Basic Business Course is an online course that accomplishes two objectives:
Fulfills the 8-hour Contractor Basic Business requirement by the Commonwealth and prepares you for the Virginia Part 1, 2 3 (for Class A or B) portions of exam. Class C does not have to take the exam.
Here are the topics covered in the Basic Business course:
- Regulations of Contractors
- Transaction Recovery Act
- Qualifications and Requirements
- Standards of Practice and Conduct
- Erosion and Sediment Control Laws
- Financial Management
- Business Organization and Management
- Labor Law & Employment Regulations
- Estimating and Bidding
- Lien Law
- State and Federal Taxes
NOTE: You are allowed to take the Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) 2009 and NASCLA Business and Project Management for Contractors into Part 1, 2 or 3 portions of the exam through PSI. We have the USBC available in our BOOKSTORE at no charge.
Here are the topics covered in the A/B Contractor Course
This course prepares general contractors or framing contractors for the Technical (Part 4) portion of the exam.
- Windows, Doors, and Skylights
- Decks, Walks, and Ramps
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs
- Prints, Plans, and Specifications
- Safety and Employee Protection
- Construction Debris, Cleanup and Disposal
NOTE: You are allowed to take the International Residential Code Book 2009, Carpentry and Building Construction 2010 edition and the Builders Technical Supplement 2011 into the Technical Exam with you. These books are also available through our BOOKSTORE.