Tennessee Residential (BC-A) Contractor Course
You will pass the exam AND receive an excellent education!
Business & Law Course
All building contractors are required to pass the Business and Law exam as part of the licensing requirement.
Residential (BC-A) Contractor Course
Construction or remodeling of one, two, three or four unit residences not exceeding three stories. This course will prepare you to PASS the exam to get your BC-A Contractor license.
Residential BC-A Package
Package includes Business & Law Course, BC-A Contractor Course, reference books, and preprinted tabs.
These are the reference books included in this package:
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926
- Carpentry and Building Construction 2010 Edition
- International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings, 2009
- Package includes preprinted PSI approved Tabs for all books.
Note: The books listed below are recommended references for the exam. While we no longer sell the books, you are able to purchase the books from other retailers such as PSI or Amazon.
- BCSI Guide to Good Practices for Handling, Installing and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management – Tennessee Edition
- Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- Modern Masonry – Brick, Block and Stone
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Roofing Construction & Estimating
To purchase individual books please visit our BOOK STORE
Free Shipping on all books (within the continental USA)
Our course is designed around everything you will be tested on with engaging HD Videos, interactive practice quizzes and interesting visuals. You will pass that exam after completing our course!
Subject Area and # of Questions on the State Exam
- Sitework, Footings and Foundations – 10 questions
- Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement – 10 questions
- Masonry – 7 questions
- Carpentry – 20 questions
- Roofing – 10 questions
- Estimating, Plan Reading and General Residential Code Requirements – 20 questions
- Associated Trades – 15 questions
- OSHA Safety – 8 questions
You will also need to pass the Business & Law exam to go along with your Trade exam. You must pass both parts before you can apply for a license.