South Carolina Contractor License Courses
Our online study courses are the easiest method of preparing for your exams. Our course content is combined with HD Videos and practice
questions as close to the real test as it gets. We walk you through the reference books pointing out the important parts. Once you purchase the course, you have immediate access and can come and go as you please from any computer or mobile device.
100% Money Back Guarantee — Pass that test
|South Carolina Residential Business and Law Exam Course
This course covers all topics covered on the Business and Law exam. This exam is required for residential and commercial contractor licensing.
|Residential Building Contractor Exam Course
This course covers all topics on the residential building contractor licensing exam.
|South Carolina Business and Law For Commercial Contractors
This course covers all topics covered on the Business and Law exam.
|NASCLA-Accredited HD-Video (Commercial) General Contractor Course
The Instructor walks you through the essential parts of the PSI-Approved reference books, allowing you to highlight the important points. Sample quizzes and integrated slides are included throughout. This course comes in full HD Video. This exam preparation course is for Commercial General Contractors and is accepted in eight states.
Course and Book Packages
|South Carolina Business and Law For Commercial Contractors Package($156.00 value)
This package includes Business and Law Course and Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management with pre-printed tabs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to complete the course?
- The South Carolina Contractor License Exam courses take approximately 8 hours each, but we move rapidly through the materials. For a thorough review, you may want to allow twice that amount of time.
- The NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor Course should take at least 24-30 hours.
Once you register, you have up to 6 months before your course is deactivated. If you need longer, just give us a call and we can arrange an extension.
Who needs to be licensed in South Carolina?
A license is required for residential building over $200 and commercial building over $5,000.
At least one year experience verification signed by residential builder or general contractor is required.
How do I get my residential builder license in South Carolina?
To become licensed as a home builder in South Carolina, you are required to:
- Step One – File a written application as required by the Commission.
- Step Two – Submit a certified check, cashiers check or money order for $100 for the application fee.
- Step Three – Submit an affidavit showing proof of at least one year actual experience under the supervision of a licensed builder.
- Step Four – Pass an examination given by PSI
- Step Five – Pay a $160 license fee (certified check or money order) and provide proper financial responsibility.
A license may be granted without examination to those builders in good standing in other states deemed by the Commission to have comparable exams.
The license must be renewed every 2 years.
Residential contractors may obtain licensing information from the following:Residential Builders Commission
P.O. Box 11329
Columbia SC 29211 Web site: llr.state.sc.us/pol/residentialbuilders Phone: (803) 896-4696 Fax: (803) 896-4696
How do I get my commercial (general) contractor license South Carolina?
- Step One – Send your Examination Registration Form to PSI along with the correct payment for the examination.
- Step Two – After approval by PSI, you will be sent a Registration Confirmation Notice advising you of the 1 year eligibility to take the examination.
- Step Three – Prepare for the examination by using the examination outline in the Candidate Information Bulletin and the suggested study materials that cover the outline topics.
- Step Four – Be sure to take proper identification with you you to your scheduled examination appointment.
- Final Step – Upon passing the examination, you may then submit your commercial license application to the SC Contractors’ Licensing Board.
General contractors may obtain licensing information from the following:General Contractor Licensing Board Street Address:
Synergy Business Park
110 Centerview Dr.
Columbia, S.C. 29210 Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 11329 Columbia, S.C. 29211 Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday Phone: (803) 896-4686 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: llr.state.sc.us/POL/Contractors/
Is contractor continued education required in South Carolina?
There are no continuing education credits needed at this time.
The Residential Builders License is renewable every two (2) years, before June 30, of each even year (2012, 2014, 2016, etc)
Is the NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor license accepted in South Carolina?
When you pass the NASCLA Accredited Examination for Commercial General Building Contractors, you will be listed in the NASCLA National Examination Database. You will then have this information available for the following states which accept this NASCLA Accredited Examination: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisianna, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.