Virginia Basic Business Course
Instructor: J. MacDowell
This eight hour course focuses on the primary responsibilities of running a successful contracting business in Virginia according to the rules and regulations surrounding the industry. All contractors should be aware of the business related requirements of their profession. This especially includes statutory regulations regarding qualifications, standards of practice and licensing requirements. Running a successful business also requires a thorough understanding of financial and risk management, business organization, labor regulations and lien laws. This course will review the fundamentals of business practice for building professionals in Virginia.
This course is approved by the Virginia Board for Contractors and fulfills the Basic Business Course requirement.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental requirements and qualifications for the Virginia licensure process.
- Outline the key components of a successful business, including finances, risk management, lien laws and employee regulations.
- Summarize the requirements surrounding business and payroll taxes.
- Be able to develop a sediment control plan.
This course covers:
- Contractor Licensing Law
- License Classifications
- Lien Laws
- Building Codes
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Business Organization
- Estimating and Bidding
- Financial Management
- Employee Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Federal and State Taxes
- Risk Management
Virginia Home Improvement Contractor
Instructor: J. MacDowell
This course will prepare students for the exam and is based on the relevant resources listed in the PSI Candidate Bulletin. This course will provide a breakdown of each of the exam topics, followed by hundreds of practice questions. Resource information and links to relevant material are included.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply their knowledge of and locate building code requirements.
- Perform calculations associated with construction and building materials.
- Demonstrate their knowledge the steps involved in a building project and how to manage it.
This Course Covers:
- Painting and Wall Covering
- Rough Carpentry and Framing
- Finish Carpentry
- OSHA Safety
- Windows, Doors and Skylights
- 2015 IRC
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR CONSTRUCTION TRADES
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.