Public Administration and Process | Virginia Code Official
6 Hour Video & Text Course
Learn the inspection process, enforcing codes and handling complaints, how to read plans, monitor and evaluate construction projects, and efficiently manage and document each inspection.
Instructor: J. MacDowell
Code enforcement personnel employed by a county, city or other unit of government for the express purpose of enforcing the state building code shall be required to have experience in the construction industry and demonstrate ability to perform competent inspections throughout all phases of the construction project.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the process of an inspection, recognize and enforce applicable codes, and understand the process of filing, receiving and investigating complaints.
- Be able to read designs, plot plans and maps, building diagrams (prints) and building schematics in order to verify accuracy and compliance. He/she must be able to create a logical method of inspection (sequence of events) that will reduce the risk of oversights that may endanger the health, safety and welfare of the general public.
- Monitor and evaluate construction projects to ensure overall compliance even when there are unique circumstances and variables that may not fall under “normal” protocol, and recognize the guidelines for approval of alternative materials, design and methods of construction.
- Plan and demonstrate the ability to efficiently manage a busy schedule of site visits, investigations, and to properly document each inspection.
This Course Covers:
- Inspection Report
- Violation Notice
- Complaint Investigation
- Construction Documents
- Inspection Procedures
- Material and Equipment
- Special Inspection
- Manufacturer Installation Instructions
- Product Acceptance
- Alternate Approvals
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.