2010 ADA Standards: Interior Elements | Virginia Code Official
2 Hour Video Course | Instructor: Rodger Peck
Learn the minimum requirements for government, public and commercial facilities with this course that focuses on the 6th, 7th, and 9th chapters of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
Instructor: Roger Peck
The ADA is one of America’s most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in State and local government programs and services. The 2010 Standards set minimum requirements – both scoping and technical – for newly designed and constructed, or altered State and local government facilities, public accommodations, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
This two hour video course covers the sixth, seventh, and ninth chapters of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design. The material for this course is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, including on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings used by both the public and private sector.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Be able recognize what interior elements can, and should comply with ADA standards.
- Identify the ADA requirements for proper plumbing, communication, special rooms and built-in elements.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on ADA standards for the construction of either a public or private building.
- Summarize the options available to the design or building professional when designing a facility per the requirements of the ADA Standards.
This Course Covers:
- Plumbing Elements and Facilities
- Communication Elements and Features
- Built-In Elements
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.