Instructor: J. MacDowell
The 2015 Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) contains the building regulations that must be complied with when constructing a new building, structure, or an addition to an existing building became effective Sept, 2018.
The Board of Housing and Community Development bases the technical requirements of the USBC on nationally-accepted model codes and standards. Where practical, the code provisions are stated in terms of a required level of performance to facilitate the prompt acceptance of new building materials and methods of construction. Enforcement of the USBC is the responsibility of the local government’s building inspections department. The USBC contains enforcement procedures that must be used by the enforcing agency.
The following course contains portions of the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC), the 2015 International Building Code (IBC) and the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), including applicable USBC 2015 amendments.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the requirements set forth by the state of Virginia regarding building codes, ordinances, and zoning requirements.
- Recognize and enforce the 2015 Building, Residential, and Energy Codes, and understand the process of receiving and investigating complaints.
- Monitor and evaluate construction projects to ensure overall compliance even when there are unique circumstances and variables that may not fall under “normal” protocol..
This Course Covers:
- 2015 IRC with Virginia Amendments
- 2015 IBC with Virginia Amendments
- 2015 IECC with Virginia Amendments
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.