2010 ADA Standards:
Plumbing Elements and Facilities
The ADA is one of America's most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in State and local government programs and services. The 2010 Standards set minimum requirements – both scoping and technical – for newly designed and constructed, or altered State and local government facilities, public accommodations, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
This one hour video course covers the sixth chapter of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, Plumbing Elements and Facilities. The material for this course is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, including on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings used by both the public and private sector.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of adequate plumbing elements and facilities for disabled persons.
- Identify the ADA requirements for drinking fountains, toilet facilities, bathtubs, showers, and applicable hardware.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on ADA standards for the construction of either a public or private building.
- Summarize the options available to the design or building professional when designing a facility per the requirements of the ADA Standards.
Lesson One 601-604.96 (35 minutes)
1. Drinking Fountains
2. Toilet and Bathing Rooms
3. Water Closets and Toilet Compartments
Lesson Two 605- 612.3 (35 minutes)
2. Lavatories and Sinks
4. Shower Compartments
5. Grab Bars
7. Washing Machines and Clothes Dryers
8. Saunas and Steam Rooms
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.