2010 ADA Standards:
Chapter Four: Accessible Routes
The ADA is one of America's most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in State and local government programs and services. The 2010 Standards set minimum requirements – both scoping and technical – for newly designed and constructed, or altered State and local government facilities, public accommodations, and commercial facilities to be readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities.
This one hour video course covers the fourth chapter of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, Accessible Routes. The material for this course is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, including on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings used by both the public and private sector.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of adequate accessible routes for people with disabilities.
- Identify the ADA requirements for doorways, ramps, curb ramps, elevators and platforms.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on ADA standards for the construction of either a public or private building.
- Summarize the options available to the design or building professional when designing a facility per the requirements of the ADA Standards.
Lesson One 401-404.2.11 (35 minutes)
2. Accessible Routes
3. Walking Surfaces
4. Doors, Doorways, and Gates
Lesson Two 404.3 -407.4.1 (30 minutes)
2. Curb Ramps
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.