Instructor: Scott Corbat
This five hour video course explains the principles of contract law and the important elements of a home building and remodeling contract. It is in the best interest of any contractor to be able to understand the basic principles of a contract, and how to craft one that is binding and legal. There are many elements to consider, from the initial process of placing a bid to the final signing of a mutually agreed upon contract. Understanding the concepts of offer and acceptance, consideration, fraud and breach of contract are necessary in order to create a document that meets the requirements of the law, and is to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
This Course Covers:
- Contract Rules and Elements (30 minutes)
- Contract Types (30 minutes)
- Retainage and Scope Creep (30 minutes)
- Bidding and Letters of Intent (30 minutes)
- Contract Formatting (20 minutes)
- Offer and Acceptance (35 minutes)
- Consideration (30 minutes)
- Duress and Fraud (30 minutes)
- Breach of Contract (35 minutes)
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned within one business day.