Construction Safety Standards
Instructor: Scott Corbat
This course is a review of the safety codes required for residential construction. Students will be able to understand and describe the basic components of a construction safety program. They will recognize the hazards inherent at a construction jobsite and describe ways to prevent those hazards. Finally, students will learn the responsibilities of both the employer and the employee in observing established safety practices.
Learning objectives are provided to facilitate understanding and progress. Informal progress checks throughout the module will help you review and measure your understanding of the material. The assessment at the end of each chapter accurately reflects learning objectives. A 70% score on each assessment is required to move on to the next chapter.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the role of OSHA in the workplace and describe the causes of the most common workplace injuries.
- Identify the hazards that prompt the use of fall protection for workers at the jobsite.
- Outline at least three procedures that must be followed in order to control and minimize workplace hazards.
- Create a working emergency action and fire prevention plan.
- Name factors that pose a hazard to employees working in excavations and identify how to reduce those hazards.
- Summarize "best practices" for proper handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials.
This course covers:
- Role of OSHA
- Record Keeping
- Employee/Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- OSHA Resources
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Falls in Construction
- Stairways & Ladders
- Electrical Safety
- Egress/Fire Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Tool Safety
- Materials Handling
Drones in Construction
Instructor: Greg MacMaster
Drones are the new tool companies are raving about for their marketing and personal use. There are many uses for drones in the construction industry, but there are rules and regulations set in place that currently don’t allow them. So why should you care? Because you need to stay up to date with technology and ahead of the competition. This course is designed to familiarize business owners with the practical use of drone technology. The following topics will be discussed:
- Types of UAV/Drone Technology
- Federal Rules and Regulations associated with UAVs
- Cost of Drones (Pros and Cons)
- Drones in your Industry (overview)
- Acquiring Images
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Become knowledgeable about available technology and proper use of drones.
- Learn the basics of aerial survey and mapping.
- Explain the FAA application process for an FAA 333 Exemption.
- Learn the benefits of UAV application in marketing and advertising.
This course covers:
- Types of Drones
- Federal Rules and Regulations
- Industry Uses
- Surveying and Mapping
- Measuring and Scanning
- Marketing and Advertising
- Acquiring Imagery
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.