Weatherization and Energy Efficient Building | Professional Development
4 Hour Video Course
Improving weatherization and energy efficiency can save thousands over the life of the building and can be achieved with the tips you learn here.
Instructor: Roger Peck
Building homes that are well protected from the weather should be a priority for any building professional. The majority of problems stem from improper procedures and workmanship, but often the problem is found in the design of a home. This four hour video course will explore factors that contribute to exterior shell failure, and identify practical solutions that will preserve the integrity of the building envelope.
Even as technological innovation creates new construction possibilities, incorporating energy-efficiency into building projects can not only provide a better quality of life, but also protect the environment. A comprehensive approach to resource and energy efficiency is the best method to achieve a resource and energy efficient building. This course will help professionals identify important considerations and then apply those principles to a specific project.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the building as a system, its performance requirements, and how these features must be integrated to prevent building envelope failure.
- Describe how a properly constructed building envelope will keep out weather related moisture and stop uncontrolled movement of energy due to loss of conditioned air.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on “best practices” for the construction of buildings in areas with relatively high humidity.
- Evaluate site and remediation strategies through building orientation, erosion, water management.
This Course Covers:
- Why is There a Problem?
- The Building Envelope System
- Foundation Construction
- Wall Construction
- Roof Construction
- Window and Door Installation
- Ventilation System Installation and Requirements
- Building Envelope Best Practices
- Consumer Remedies
- Energy Efficient Building
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.