Powered Industrial Trucks and Aerial Lifts
1. Powered Industrial Trucks (55 Minutes) This video training program covers the basic use of powered industrial trucks (fork lifts), and includes specific requirements regarding proper operation, hazards, inspections and maintenance of these useful, but potentially dangerous vehicles in the workplace.
2. Aerial Work Platforms of Lifts (45 Minutes) This course highlights standards related certification, fall protection, safety hazards, operation and overall best practices for using aerial lifts or platforms.
Powered Industrial Trucks
- Certification and Training
- What makes a fork lift different?
- Safe Travel Procedures
- Stability Triangle
- Ramps and Loading Docks
- Picking up a Pallet
Aerial Work Platforms of Lifts
- Purpose and Types
- Fall Protection
- Energized Lines and other Hazards
- Vehicle Components
- Lift Components
- Operating the Lift
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective January 25, 2013, all residential builders and remodelers will be required to provide a certificate of insurance evidencing current coverage of general liability insurance.
Questions are taken at random from a pool of over 1,000 questions.
Residential License Exam Content – There are 80 questions on the exam and you are allowed 3 hours. You must get at least 56 correct.
- Site work, Footings and Foundations (11 questions)
- Concrete and Concrete Reinforcement (8 questions)
- Masonry (8 questions)
- Carpentry (13 questions)
- Associated Trades and Drywall (6 questions)
- Roofing (7 questions)
- Estimating, Plan Reading and General Code Requirements (18 questions)
- OSHA Safety (5 questions)
- Licensing (4 questions)
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).