Minnesota & Wisconsin Complete Renewal Package
14 Hour Video & Audio Course | Includes 1 Hour Business Management and 1 Hour Energy Code
*Must enter MN & WI License# for course submission
This course package fulfills all Minnesota and Wisconsin continuing education requirements for your renewal cycle. Course results will be submitted to both states.
- 7hr Estimating and Bidding for Success
- 7hr Weatherization and Renewable Energy
- Free Video Course: Social Media for Contractors
NOTE: Also approved for Wisconsin CE – both MN and WI license numbers must be entered into your account for course completion to be submitted to both states.
Estimating and Bidding for Success – MN #20200148 | WI #16259
Instructor: Paul Acker
This course is an introduction to the construction estimating process. Although this course will be beneficial to junior estimators just entering in this field, it could also help architects, engineers and contractors become more familiar with how bids are prepared. The following material will explain the methods of construction delivery, different types of estimates, and the tools needed by the estimator to tender a bid. Being able to read and understand blueprints is also integral to the estimating process. Knowing how to apply and itemize costs for specific activities and materials, based on a set of plans and related professional resources, is key. The estimator who can visualize the project, and accurately determine its costs will become one of the most important persons in any construction company.
This course covers:
- Methods of Construction Delivery
- Types of Contracts
- Types of Estimates
- Bid Documents
- The Bid Team
- Structuring the Bid Program
- Parts of a Blueprint
- Reading the Plans
- Estimating Self-Performed Work
Weatherization and Renewable Energy – MN #20190470 & #20190534 | WI #16873
Instructor: Roger Peck
Building homes that are well protected from the weather should be a priority for any building professional. The majority of problems stem from improper procedures and workmanship, but often the problem is found in the design of a home. This course will explore factors that contribute to exterior shell failure and identify practical solutions that will preserve the integrity of the building envelope.
As technological innovation creates new construction possibilities, incorporating energy-efficiency into building projects can not only provide a better quality of life, but also protect the environment. A comprehensive approach to resource and energy efficiency is the best method to achieve a resource and energy efficient building.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the building as a system, its performance requirements, and how these features must be integrated to prevent building envelope failure.
- Describe how a properly constructed building envelope will keep out weather related moisture and stop uncontrolled movement of energy due to loss of conditioned air.
- Identify innovative design considerations incorporating energy efficient resources and components.
- Evaluate the structural considerations when installing/mounting these new systems.
This course covers:
- Why is There a Problem?
- The Building Envelope System
- Foundation Construction
- Wall Construction
- Roof Construction
- Window and Door Installation
- Ventilation System Installation and Requirements
- Building Envelope Best Practices
- Consumer Remedies
- Wind Power
- Solar Energy Use
Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.