Exploring the MN Residential Building Code | Minnesota
7 Hour Video Course
Includes 1 Hour Energy Code & 1 Hour Business Management
Approval #20220076 BLD |#20220086 CO, MHI, PL
This course covers Energy Efficiency, Business Practices, Minnesota Rules, Residential Code and Code from Trades
Add To Cart $104.00
Instructor: J. MacDowell
This Course Covers:
- Energy Efficiency. Energy requirements for all aspects of energy uses in both commercial and residential construction, including heating and ventilating, lighting, water heating, and power usage for building systems not only provide a better quality of life, but also protect the environment. This chapter will help builders identify important considerations regarding energy conservation requirements in new home construction, and they will work through three case studies to get a sense of how to address these requirements in the field.
- Business Practices. It is important to maintain good business practices in your contracting business. This chapter will help aspiring builders understand the appropriate licensing requirements, applicable laws to follow when conducting business, and requirements for paying and hiring employees.
- Minnesota Rules. This chapter highlights code that builders must adhere to with Minnesota specific amendments and rules.
- Minnesota Residential Code. This chapter provides an overview of building code from the International Residential Code (IRC) book.
- Code from Trades. This chapter outlines code from the International Residential Code (IRC) that is applicable to various trades.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the need for alternate, energy-efficient means to the construction of residential buildings and identify new Energy Code requirements.
- Describe standards and requirements related to licensing for residential contractors, remodelers, roofers, and manufactured home installers.
- Determine employee classifications and employer requirements of state and federal workers’ compensation law.
- Discuss Minnesota-specific requirements relating to the construction permitting process and prefabricated structures.
- Interpret where to find Minnesota rules chapters within the IECC and IRC and explain what has been deleted, amended, and replaced.
- Assess construction projects to make sure they meet the specifications of the IRC.