- 6-hour Business of Building #CP-21-00061 (6 hr Administrative)
- 6-hour Administration and Enforcement Review #CP-19-00050 (6 hr Administrative)
- 4-hour Building Department Administration #CP 21-00015 (4 hr Administrative)
- Free Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Code Official Business of Building
Instructor: Scott Corbat
This course focuses on the primary responsibilities of running a successful contracting business according to the rules and regulations surrounding the industry. This especially includes statutory regulations regarding qualifications, standards of practice and licensing requirements. This course will review the fundamentals of business practice for building professionals in Michigan.
This course applies 6-Hours towards Administrative credit.
This course covers
- Lien Law
- Business Organization
- Labor Law
- Fair Housing
Code Official Administration and Enforcement Review
Instructor: J. MacDowell
This course outlines the administrative and logistical process involved in inspections, the investigation of complaints, and the enforcement of the applicable codes. The course will also review best practices when evaluating construction projects that may have unusual circumstances or alternative materials, design or methods.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Outline the process of an inspection, recognize and enforce applicable codes, and understand the process of filing, receiving and investigating complaints.
- Recognize the requirements set forth by the state of Michigan regarding building codes, ordinances, and zoning requirements.
- Be able to create a logical method of inspection (sequence of events) that will reduce the risk of oversights that may endanger the health, safety and welfare of the general public.
- Monitor and evaluate construction projects to ensure overall compliance even when there are unique circumstances and variables that may not fall under “normal” protocol, and recognize the guidelines for approval of alternative materials, design and methods of construction.
This Course Covers:
- Inspection Processes
- Types of Inspections
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Violation Notices
- Complaint Investigations
- Inspection Procedures
- Special Inspection
- Manufacturer Installation Instructions
- Alternate Approvals and Product Acceptance
Code Official Building Department Administration
Instructor: Larry Rospierski
Building departments are complex and widespread. For timely and effective operations the department must have clear guidelines to follow and be led by a strong administrator. This course describes the duties of a Building Official, the characteristics of a successful manager, procedures for plan review and permits, advice for inspections, and considerations on ways to best support your community.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Outline the duties of a Building Official
- Implement the required procedures for plan review and permitting
- Describe inspection protocols
This Course Covers:
- Introduction to History, Societies, ICC, Enforcement and Challenges
- The Building Official
- Tools and Personnel
- Best Practices
- Effective Permit Processing
- Inspection Protocol
- Permit Issues
- Special Considerations
Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.