- 6-hour Successful Site Design and Michigan Energy Code #CP-18-00221 (6 hr Plan Review)
- 4-hour Recreational Facilities and Construction Documents #CP-18-00222 (4 hr Plan Review)
- 2-hour Construction Documents for Successful Projects #CP-19-00019 (2 hr Plan Review)
- Free Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Code Official Successful Site Design and Michigan Energy Code
Instructor: Wayde Hoppe & J. MacDowell
While land developers are seeking to maximize their land use and minimize their development costs, governmental regulations are applying pressures on budgets that can kill a project. Architects are being relied upon to steer site decisions and engineering professionals in order to produce cost-effective and functional designs that meet the myriad of growing municipal requirements.
The new code reflects several changes in energy efficiency for the 2015 Michigan Energy Code. Generally, the purpose of these changes is to conserve energy through improved efficiency in envelope design, mechanical systems, lighting, and new materials and techniques. It sets the baseline for the building envelope, systems, and equipment.
This course applies 6 hours towards Plan Review credit.
This course covers:
- Securing Information
- Programming and Site Evaluation
- Site Selection, Utilization, and Wayfinding
- Laying Out the Design
- Site Standards
- Preparing a Site Plan
- Utility Coordination
- Documents and Contract Administration
- Michigan Energy Code
Code Official Recreational Facilities and Construction Documents
Instructor: Rodger Peck
Recreational Facilities: This video course covers the tenth chapter of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, Recreation Facilities. The material for this course is presented by simple narration and power point video presentation, including on-site, real world video examples in various accessible buildings used by both the public and private sector.
Construction Documents: This portion of the course focuses on the specifics of documentation, methodology, and coordination of the plan review process.
This 4-Hour course applies four hours towards Plan Review credit.
This course covers:
- Amusement Rides
- Recreational Boating Facilities
- Exercise Machines and Equipment
- Fishing Piers and Platforms
- Golf Facilities
- Miniature Golf Facilities
- Play Areas
- Swimming Pools, Wading Pools and Spas
- Shooting Facilities with Firing Positions
- Construction Documents
- Section 110 Inspections
- Section 111 Certificate of Occupancy
- Purpose, Systems & Methodology
Code Official Construction Documents for Successful Projects
Instructor: Wayde Hoppe
A well prepared and accurate technical specification can be easily undone if Divisions 00 and 01 of the project manual are deficient. The ‘front-end’ specification, or general conditions, is the tool that directs the contractor from the day he is introduced to the project through to completion. Without it, the architect, the client, and the builder are vulnerable to being sadly surprised. A well written ‘front-end’ can protect the architect and the builder from accusations of neglect, cost over-runs, demands for an expansion of the scope and much more. This course will teach the many elements of the front-end specification that are essential to success.
After Completing this course, you will be able to:
- Be able to integrate design concepts with current codes and regulations.
- Translate the intentions and goals of the customer into a safe and cost-effective project.
- Understand and be able to comply with federal laws if the project is paid for with governmental funds.
- Specify and identify any code related issues or requirements in order to facilitate proper construction.
Social Media Marketing for Construction Trades
Learn the ins and outs of social media marketing from experts that work in both social media and the construction industry. Use these tools and tricks to upgrade your personal and professional profiles, drive leads, and increase business.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.