Instructor: J. MacDowell
This course outlines the administrative and logistical process involved in inspections, the investigation of complaints, and the enforcement of the applicable codes. The course will also review best practices when evaluating construction projects that may have unusual circumstances or alternative materials, design or methods.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Outline the process of an inspection, recognize and enforce applicable codes, and understand the process of filing, receiving and investigating complaints.
- Recognize the requirements set forth by the state of Michigan regarding building codes, ordinances, and zoning requirements.
- Be able to create a logical method of inspection (sequence of events) that will reduce the risk of oversights that may endanger the health, safety and welfare of the general public.
- Monitor and evaluate construction projects to ensure overall compliance even when there are unique circumstances and variables that may not fall under “normal” protocol, and recognize the guidelines for approval of alternative materials, design and methods of construction.
This Course Covers:
- Inspection Processes
- Types of Inspections
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Violation Notices
- Complaint Investigations
- Inspection Procedures
- Special Inspection
- Manufacturer Installation Instructions
- Alternate Approvals and Product Acceptance
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.