BUSINESS OF BUILDING
This nine-hour course will provide new builders with an understanding of the Code of Conduct and their responsibilities to their employees, to their customers and to the government. It includes knowledge needed in order for them to successfully maneuver through new business startup stages.
A 70% passing score on each assessment is required to move on to the next chapter. Students must answer 70% of the questions correctly in order to receive credit/certification for the course.
- Hierarchy of Michigan Government with Respect to Residential Builders
- State of Michigan Government Websites
- General Information
- Michigan Compiled Laws — LARA
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Licensing
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Complaints and Citations
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Restitution and License Requirements
- Michigan Compiled Laws — Applying for a License and Complaints
- Administrative Rules — Licenses, Operations of Licenses and Complaints, Hearings and Pre-License and Continuing Education
- Administrative Rules — Disciplinary Proceedings, State License Fee Act and Building Contract Fund
- Construction Lien Documents Overview
- Excerpts of the Construction Lien Act
- Administrative Rules — Lien Waivers
- Establishing a Business Entity
- Business Finance
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Independent Contractor or Employee?
- Income Tax
- Labor Laws
- Fair Housing
- Elliot-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- Bidding and Estimating
- Developing a Project Budget
Customer service will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).