Successful Site Design
While land developers are seeking to maximize their land use and minimize their development costs, governmental regulations are applying pressures on budgets that can kill a project. Architects are being relied upon to steer site decisions and engineering professionals in order to produce cost effective and functional designs that meet the myriad of growing municipal requirements. In this 3 hour, fully narrated course you will learn to navigate your entire team through the challenges and pit falls of site development, all the time with an eye toward building design.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the process of securing the appropriate information that will help to develop a scope, schedule, and budget.
- Be able to develop a building program, including site selection, utilization and wayfinding.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on site standards and utility coordination.
- Summarize the steps that must be taken to in order to move forward with approvals, bidding and construction.
Lesson One: Securing Information
1. Pre-Design: Scope, Terms, Responsibilities, Permits
2. Securing Information: Services, Surveys, Contaminants, Authorities, Fees
Lesson Two: Programming and Site Evaluation
1. Programming: Basics
2. Site Evaluation: Utilities, Site Constraints
Lesson Three: Site Selection, Utilization and Wayfinding
1. Site Selection: Restrictions, Storm Water, Landscaping, Parking
Lesson Four: Laying Out the Design
1. Layout: Fire Lanes, Traffic, Space Considerations
Lesson Five: Site Standards
2. Site Lighting
Lesson Six: Utility Coordination
1. Water Service
3. Storm Water Management
4. Franchise Utilities
Lesson Seven: Preparing a Site Plan
Lesson Eight: Documents and Contract Administration
1. Documentation: Drawings, Lighting, Paving, Utilities, Landscaping, GPS
2. Construction Administration
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).