Construction Health and Safety Compliance 3HR CE Part II
1. Fall Protection. (60 Minutes) Falls are one of the most common types of serious injuries and deaths. Employers are responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, but when fall protection devices are impractical, personal fall protection equipment may be used. This course outlines the standard equipment use, maintenance and inspection requirements for harnesses, lanyards, lifelines, tethers and more.
2. Personal Protective Equipment. (60 Minutes) Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as “PPE”, is equipment worn to minimize exposure to a variety of hazards. Examples of PPE include such items as gloves, foot and eye protection, protective hearing devices (earplugs, muffs) hard hats, respirators and full body suits. This course will outline the most common forms of PPE used in the workplace.
3. Stairways and Ladders. (60 Minutes) This subpart applies to all stairways and ladders used in construction, alteration, repair (including painting and decorating), and demolition workplaces covered under 29 CFR part 1926, and also sets forth, in specified circumstances, when ladders and stairways are required to be provided.
- Choosing the right equipment:
- General Industry
- Construction Trades
- Positioning devices, rescue/retrieval devices
- inspect, ANSI
- proper fit
- locks and rivets
- Pendulum Effect
- best practices
- Rescue plans
- suspension trauma
- best practices
- trauma straps
Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Assessment form
- Hard Hats
- ANSI approval Z89 rating
- class and type
- Eye Protection
- ANSI Z87 rating
- Hearing Protection
- ear plugs
- Foot Protection
Stairways and Ladders
- 1926.1050 Scope, Application, and Definitions Applicable to this Subpart
- 1926.1051 General Requirements
- 1926.1052 Stairways
- 1926.1053 Ladders
- 1926.1060 Training Requirements
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).