2020 ADV Thermal and Moisture Protection: Keeping the Weather Out | Florida
1 Advanced Hour Audio Course
Protecting against water damage is a major concern in many building projects in Florida. Keep your clients dry and your profits high with practical moisture and weather solutions.
0.1 ICC Building CEUs – Approval #30433
IMPORTANT: This course applies one credit towards the Florida Building Commission Advanced Credit. Course FBC #635.3. DBPR Approval #0613890.
Instructor: J. MacDowell
Protecting buildings from the weather and moisture related problems is important for all building professionals. In areas of high rainfall, and in northern climates, it is even more important that designers, builders, and their subcontractors use “Best Practice” procedures to carefully plan and install thermal and weather resistant components. This course, based on the 2020 Florida Building codes, pertains to moisture and weather related problems, and will identify practical solutions based on those requirements. This internet course is intended to provide a minimum of one hour of continuing education to professionals involved in planning, design and construction of structures susceptible to moisture related issues.
METHOD OF PRESENTATION: This distance learning course is formatted specifically for internet delivery. Course presentation will require student participation through an assessment. This method of course presentation assures that student will have direct control of course delivery.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Summarize the key elements (either natural or mechanical) of a properly ventilated structure.
- List and describe at least three specific installation techniques and/or materials that contribute to a properly constructed roof system.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on "best practices" for the construction of buildings in areas with high humidity.
- Identify and implement proven methods that will effectively divert moisture from the foundation of a structure.
This Course Covers:
- Keeping the Weather Out
- House Wrap and Underlayment
- Corrosion and Decay Resistance
- The Building Frame
- Windows and Doors
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.