OR Successful Building Design 3HR CE SRA0272
Successful Building Design Course Syllabus
3HR CE SRA0272
Developers of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings are driven by return on investment. Today’s building owners are savvy and they seek to balance the initial cost with the payback. Functionality, aesthetics and methods of code compliance are each guided by financial investment and return. In this course you will learn, from the foundation to the roof, from the appearance to the operation, from construction to maintenance, tried and proven methods for analyzing design decisions that will lead you to a greater reputation.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Be able to integrate design concepts with current codes and regulations.
- Translate the intentions and goals of the customer into a safe and cost effective project.
- Utilize current materials and goods to ensure proper construction practices.
- Recognize the importance of meeting the client’s demand for return on investment.
1. Defining the Building Type
2. Initial Building Program
3. Initial Construction Budget
4. Ideal Building Size
5. Establishing the Construction Classification
6. Code Analysis
1. Site Evaluation
2. Reality Check
3. Building Concept
4. Selecting Consultants
5. Defining the Structural System
6. Selecting the Best Foundation System
1. Creating an Envelope
2. Laying out the Floor Plate
3. Dealership Videos
1. Specialty Functions
2. HVAC Systems
3. Plumbing Systems
5. Selecting Your Materials
1. Specialty Materials
2. Specialty Design Services
- The Builders License Training Institute is responsible for the content of this course.
- This course is approved for eight credit hours in CCB Residential Continuing Education: Series A
- To have access to our online courses students must have access to a high-speed internet connection.
- Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
- Students have six months to complete this course.
- Student policies and procedures are always available by going to www.licensetobuild.com and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).