New Mexico Contractor FAQs

For an application, contact:

Construction Industries Division
Regulation and Licensing Department
2550 Cerrillos Rd.
Sante Fe, NM  87505
Phone:  (505) 476-4700

Complete application packet must include:

1.  Complete Contractor License application
2.  Copy of exam score report showing passing scores for Business & Law and Trades exams
3.  Proof of Financial responsibility:  Bond
4.  Proof of current New Mexico Tax ID number
5.  If a Corporation or LLC:  Proof of PRC registration
6.  If a partnership:  Proof of registration with the New Mexico Secretary of State
7.  Self-addressed stamped envelope to return your application materials if your application is rejected or to send your new license if your application has been accepted

Yes. Business & Law exam is required as well as Trade exams may be required. Exams are given by PSI. For more information on exams or to submit application for exam, go to:

2301 Yale Blvd SE, Ste C-4
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Phone: (877) 663-9267

Yes, some trades require 2 to 4 years of experience

No, not at this time. Renewal is every 3 years on the 15th of the month in which it was issued.



Check with New Mexico requirements

  • Information Last Updated: 04/2020
  • Did you find incorrect information? Email Us
First, Thank you for offering this course in a “Fast Track” method. Unlike your competition who only offers a “2-week” program, you show respect for the students time. Second, Mike Woods knowledge and…
Frank Guerin from Michigan
Chat with us