Our Continued Education courses are:

check-dark-red-th Easy (HD Video, fully narrated or text )

check-dark-red-th Fast (Start Immediately - Print Certificate upon Completion)

check-dark-red-th Convenient (Available 24/7 from any computer or mobile device)

check-dark-red-th Fully Accredited (AK DOC Approved, Approval #s Listed)

check-dark-red-th Worry Free (Program won't let you fail and we store your records)

Licenses expire December 31st of even number years.

Choose a course below to complete your continuing education requirement!
Each course identifies Technical or Business credits. 16 credits are required every two-year license cycle.
All 16 credits may be Technical or you may combine 8 Technical and 8 Business to meet the requirement.

New! 8-hour Drones in Construction and Successful Site Design

Video Course - Approval #15337 is approved for 4 hours of Technical and 4 hours of Business.

This eight-hour course combines Drone Technology with Successful Site Design. Learn the proper and practical use of Drone Technology as well as the basics of aerial survey and mapping. You will also learn to develop a building program, including site selection, utilization, and wayfinding.

Course Syllabus


New! 8-hour Manage Your Way to Big Profits

Fully Narrated Course - Approval #12006 for 8 hours of Business.

This eight-hour course will help prepare the learner for the scope of responsibilities that a professional construction project manager must be prepared to perform.

Course Syllabus


Frequently Asked Questions:

Alaska state law requires all General contractors to be licensed. Anyone who performs mostly commercial work and residential remodel work of less than 25% of the value of the structure must have a General Contractor without Residential Contractor Endorsement (which doesn’t require an exam). Go to and download application form #08-4027.

However, anyone who performs new home construction, commercial work, and residential remodel work of more than 25% of the value of the home or structure being altered is required to have a General Contractor License with Residential Contractor Endorsement

How do I get my General Contractor with Residential Endorsement in Alaska?

Get a Residential Contractor Endorsement Application form 08-4161 from:

Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
Division of Occupational Licensing; Contractors Registration Section
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806
907-465-3035 (Co. name A-K); 907-465-5372 (Co. name L-Z)
Fax: 907-465-2974

Construction contractors must also obtain an Alaska Business License which is issued separately ($200)

Are there any education, exam or experience requirements to get my Alaska Contractors License with Residential Endorsement?

Yes – before submitting your application for General Contractor with Residential Endorsement, all individuals must:

1. Successfully complete the Alaska Craftsman Home Program (ACHP) or it’s equivalent or a post secondary course in arctic engineering, or its equivalent within 2 years.

2. Schedule an exam with PSI Examination Services: 1-800-727-7204. Exams are given in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau. You do not need approval from the State of Alaska to take the examination. Examination results are valid for 1 year.

After passing the residential endorsement examination, the following items are required before the residential endorsement can be issued:

  1. Signed and notarized residential contractor endorsement application
  2. $250 application and registration fee
  3. Copy of official examination results issued by testing provider
  4. Proof of completion of the Alaska Craftsman Home Program or its equivalent, or a post secondary course in arctic engineering, or its equivalent within two years preceding the date of application.
  5. Name of the currently licensed general contractor and contractor license number for which the residential contractor endorsement will be assigned to.

Is contractor continued education required in Alaska?

Yes – 16 Hours for renewal of a residential contractor endorsement. (An applicant for renewal of a residential contractor endorsement for the first time shall document 8 hours of acceptable continued education.) Licenses expire December 31 of even number years. Renewal of Endorsement will coincide with the renewal of the General Contractor registration.

Is the NASCLA Accredited Commercial Contractor license accepted in Alaska?


Does Alaska require a General contractor (commercial contractor) license?


Reciprocity with other states?

No, there are no agreements at this time.

Information is continually added and updated. Please check back