Project Management Online
Project Management 7-Hour Course in HD-Video
Approved for 7 credit hours toward prelicensure and continuing competency.
This seven hour course focuses on the primary responsibilities of a project manager: managing project costs and time, while completing the project to the expected degree of quality. This requires close attention to detail before beginning actual construction, as well as during the project. Taking proactive measures will help the project manager determine possible obstacles before they occur. This course will analyze all three primary areas. The student will learn how to implement proven methods to manage most effectively.
Chapter 1- Cost Management (Project Budget)
- Explain the steps necessary to develop a project budget.
- Describe the primary elements of procurement.
Chapter 2- General Guidelines of Lending
- List four elements of a typical construction loan.
- Describe the process of completing a Sworn Statement.
- Describe two examples of common cost overruns.
Chapter 3- Time Management
- Describe how to develop a Critical Path
- Explain the features of an Activity Node.
Chapter 4- Quality Control
- Describe the benefits of good communication with subcontractors.
- List several elements of a construction Daily Log Book.
Chapter 5- Erosion Control
- Understand the contractor’s responsibility for erosion control.
Glossary of Terms