Massachusetts Code Official Continuing Education Course: CSL Required Competency
This 6-Hour Construction Supervisor Required Competency Course focuses on five different topics:
1. Massachusetts 2009 Energy Code
2. Workplace Safety
3. Workers’ Compensation
4. Energy Efficiency
5. Lead Paint Safety
All Construction Supervisor License holders are required to complete this six hour course for each two-year renewal cycle. This rule began July 1, 2011. This course fulfills all five topic areas that are required for license renewal.
Format: Narrated Text
Quizzes: 70% required to pass
I. MA Energy Code
* Explain the changes made to the 2009 International Conservation Codes.
* Understand what measures can be taken to incorporate these changes into construction projects/design.
* Recognize how the changes can ultimately reduce and conserve energy consumption.
II. Workplace Safety
* Understand and describe the basic components of a construction safety program.
* Be able to recognize the hazards inherent at a construction jobsite, and describe ways to prevent them.
* Discuss the responsibilities of both the employer and employee in observing safety practices.
III. Workers’ Compensation
* Identify the laws and regulations of Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation.
* Understand the process of claim reporting.
* Explain the best ways to manage workers’ compensation costs.
IV. Energy Efficiency
* Describe the wide variety of energy and resource efficient products and systems available.
* Explain some of the cost savings in both labor and materials associated with energy efficient systems.
V. Lead Safe Practices (2 HRs)
* Identify the health hazards associated with lead paint
* Recognize the responsibilities of a contractor when working with lead paint
* Demonstrate safe practices when preparing for and cleaning up after renovation, repair and painting work
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 9am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to www.licensetobuild.com and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Privacy and Refund Policy).